HANGABOUT: FAR FROM HOME
- When you saw the cover of the book, what did you think the story would be about?
- Do you think Hangabout’s Keeper really wanted to abandon him?
- Why do you think Bean lied to Hangabout about having a Keeper named Papa Albert? Have you ever told a lie? Why?
- What did Bean do with her ear every time she lied?
- Was the outside world as Hangabout imagined it would be? Have you ever thought something would be one way but it was another?
- Was anyone in the story lonely?
- Why did Hangabout like Bean’s vegetable soup breath so much?
- How important was Hangabout’s sense of smell to him? Have you ever lost something that was important to you?
- Did Hangabout give up at any time? What made him decide to try again?
- What did Hangabout discover from Bean? What did Bean discover from Hangabout?
- In the end, Hangabout, Bean and Sudie took off together to make new stories. Do you think the three of them are friends or family?
- What theme, or themes, did you see in the story?
NOTE: There can always be an array of ideas around ponderings, but if you would like an answer key, please email Ree at reeaugustine @ reeaugustine dot com and she'll send you one.